Friday, November 16, 2012

Let chaos reign!

I have finished something! This is a big thing for me as i always seems to have a number of unfinished projects laying around and this time it was quite the project. I decided in early september that i needed a big painting in my kitchen to fill the empty walls with and started thinking what i might do... since i am a DIY kind of guy i figured that although i consider myself a happy amateur when it comes to painting i would have to do it myself.
So far so good but what kind of motive would i use and should i use vibrant colors or stick with two or three? Striking colors for me thanks!
At that time i was rereading Mike Mignolas Hell Boy and i really got in to the "main villain" the being Ogdru-Jahad a Chtuulu like beeing that schemed to be set free into our world.
It was perfect and i set forth with chipboard and paint brush and soon i had made a painting that i really liked. I felt i had to ground it a bit in "real world" mysticism so i decided to use symbols from alchemy and religion.
Doing this painting really got me going and i wanted to paint more so i thought it would be great to do all the aspects of Ogdru-Jahad, the seven who are one. So eight paintings later i have finished what just started out as a time killer and i hope you like them. I do!







And remember, only boring people gets bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment